Monday, January 12, 2009

Falling into place

The last couple of days have been busy with a little bit of everything going on . Plans for 2009 have been coming along rather nicely, almost falling into place on there own. I managed to ski 4 times in a 5 day span. This may not sound like a lot but to me it was considering it included my first time out this season and my 2nd time skiing ever. Sliding around on two pieces of wood and fiberglass is starting to grow on me. I skied Saturday at Zillmer for the first time which was a little hilly but a blast. I checked out the race and clinic in Greenbush the next day to get some help with my technique too. It's amazing how far a lesson and a few pointers will go. Too bad the weather is bitter cold here in Wisconsin for the next couple days. I guess I'll have to settle for trainer time. The good news is I won't have to ride the trainer for too long, it's suppose to warm up again by weeks end.

Monday I was talking with Brian at the shop about his being selected for cyclocross worlds at the end of the month and some possible new sponsorship deals. He has a few things in the works and I remembered our old teammate in California who has made some really good contacts out there. I gave Ben a call to catch up and see if he knew anyone who could help the team out for the 2009 campaign. There is nothing set but a few more promising things in the works for 2009! He said Cali is great and I should come out and visit. Just for kicks I looked into flights out to San Francisco and found some pretty cheap flights right now. What better way to cap off a winter break then to spend some time in Cali in warm weather riding outside again? I'm going to Cali next week for a couple days!!!! I've never really traveled west before so California sounds like a good start. The idea of riding in short sleeves and shorts has me pretty jacked up right now. I'll leave you with a few pictures from skiing over the weekend.

Picture overlooking the kettles from the trails. Emily taking a little break at the top.


Picture of the sweet old school general store in New Prospect. They had everything!


No comments: