Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cincinnati Cross Day 1

Day 1 is in the books. 28th was the final result which just so happened to be the bib number they gave me for the weekend. It's pretty sweet having your name on your bib number.


This race goes down as one of the bumpiest cross races I have ever done! I would have gladly ridden my full suspension Trek Top Fuel if I could have. Not only was the course bumpy but lacking a flat section for more than a couple hundred feet leaving for an up or down feeling the whole race. Surprisingly my legs weren't wasted from the 3:30am wakeup call and 8 hours in the car but never really felt good enough to really push the pace. Mountain bike skills definitely came into play today and worked to my advantage to make up for the bla legs. Thanks to the new Easton wheels and Tufo tires which got glued less than 48 hours earlier I would say the race went pretty well.

Dinner was quick at a place called the Spagetti Factory and back to the hotel to rest up. 2 hours into recovery mode Brian is fine one minute and the next he is saying he doesn't feel good at all. All SHIT BROKE LOOSE and he was running for the bathroom. A little scare and a trip over to the ER we were back in the hotel room. The doctor still doesn't really know what happened....maybe food poisoning or an allergic reaction. It's too bad I thought I was going to be one spot better in the race today lol jk. Brian seems fine today and should be back on the bike without a hitch.
Hopefully today goes a little better than yesterday and nothing to crazy afterwards.

No comments: