Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The beginning of the end

It's official the off season is over! Base training is under way and going to be bigger and better than ever before. I sat down with Brian to discuss 09's goals and determine how much work would have to go into accomplishing them. It's not going to be easy with the bar being raised as high as it is but I'm up for the challenge!

I just want to say I give anyone who gets up early before work or school to train a lot of credit. I forgot how hard it can be to get up early to get in a decent training ride before classes. Thursday morning was the first of hopefully many early rides which started at 6am. I managed to coordinate with Bender so I had a training buddy for the early ride. The pace was a little higher than I wanted for a base ride but totally worth it. A couple more rides like that and I'll be flying come May.

One week till the big event. It's going to be weird driving up for a race other than Chequamegon much less skiing bawards on the course. Should be fun.

No comments: